Usage Permissions & Fees
- Museum images may not be altered without prior approval.
- Non-commercial use of museum images on personal or educational websites is allowed free-of-charge as long as credit is given to the Ellinwood Community Historical Society or Museum of Ellinwood. We are happy to provide photos electronically from the Museum of Ellinwood photographic archives for a small handling fee. Contact us for more details.
- Users should be aware that some of the images on the site, do not belong to the MOE/ECHS. The MOE/ECHS cannot give permission to re-use images which it does not own. It is the responsibility of each user to ensure that they are in compliance with U.S. copyright laws.
- Commercial use of museum images or use of images on websites that charge or carry advertisements must be approved in advance.
- ECHS/MOE images or text excerpts may be used for school or academic reports free-of-charge. Credit should be given to the Ellinwood Community Historical Society. Again, users should check in the photo credits at the bottom of each web page to determine whether or not the image is credited to the Ellinwood Historical Society; if not, they must contact the image owner for permission.
- Academic use is defined as non-publication use by a student or teacher in a school setting for personal reference, research, or decorative display.
- Any use of images for commercial purposes whether print, video, or web must receive prior approval from MOE/ECHS President and/or Board (see contact us page on this site) and may be subject to a usage fee.
- Educational use in a classroom: No permission required.
- Commercial or news media: contact us.
- Photographic reproduction requests from the public or commercial ventures: contact us.
- The ECHS reserves the right to deny any request for digital images if the proposed use of the photograph does not reflect the mission of the Ellinwood Community Historical Society and/or Museum of Ellinwood.
Publication Fees per Image: